Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Focus, girl. Focus!

I've got to focus, got to focus.

I thought I did alright this past weekend and got TONS of stuff done. Talk about productive!

We bought a new car for Hubz on Friday. lol - the pick up truck is about to DIE, and he's been so patient about driving this POS. So we bought a used Nissan Armada from CarMax (I LOVE CarMax - no BS whatsoever) since work is only 7 minutes away from home.

Plus - it'll be HUGE for some upcoming road trips. Whoohoo!!

Looked at getting a DVD entertainment installed, and since the only mofo's in town are trying to take me for a ride, we've decided they can keep their $1,500 quote to themselves and we'll install it on our own. (I hope!)

Cleaned out the boys' closets. Organized all the hand-me-downs from the attic and stored them in nice, neat clear plastic containers, waiting in each monster's closet.

Paid the bills, moved from a manual checkbook register to MSN Money (which I'm also in love with), and got the Armada added to our auto insurance. I think I love State Farm, too, coz I'm only paying $135/month for all 3 of our vehicles. Nice!

I finally copied all of our digital pics both to a portable hard drive, and online at our photo gallery for safekeeping. Though I now need to go through all of our OLD pics, which Kodak nicely put onto CD's for us when we ordered prints, and I need to transfer THOSE to both the hard drive and online. (sigh)

But I also changed our phone company from AT&T to Vonage, and at $25/month for unlimited long distance, that's a bargain from the $40/mo AT&T is charging. Not to mention, 2 free months.

Though I've never used voice-over-internet and am keeping my fingers crossed.

And this morning, I uploaded a new commenting system, Disqus, which I think I'll like quite nicely! I just can't get rid of the additional comment box at the bottom of the post - so if you have any ideas/suggestions - please let me know!!

So while I've been a bit busy on the home front, I need to get busy on the work front. I've gotten some stuff done, but not nearly as much as I should be getting done.

I'm actually thankful that school starts next week - having all the monsters in the house at once was killing my work productivity - lol. Never mind cabin fever!

So glad we escaped a couple times for Knott's Berry Farm and the camping trip on the lake. I've got to share some photos, still don't I? And we're planning a trip down to San Diego in a few weeks, since I wasn't able to find a decent campground near L.A. that had availability. But Dago will be fun - we'll get to see my parents and some friends - and just kick back for a little bit.

But for now... I must.... focus. ;)

Dette
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

On the Rocks © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness