Tuesday, June 17, 2008

His First Dive

Who says you can't pull off a weekend trip at the last minute?

We were supposed to head to San Diego for 11 days, but ended up canceling for a couple of reasons that you probably won't hear me talking about.

In truth, JC started summer school to get ahead in high school - so missing class would get him dropped. In honesty, there's also some shit going on that canceled out the whole purpose of the trip.

But Hubby wasn't going to let a little drama screw up some fun for the family, and insisted we go on a trip anyway. We just switched our destination to Orange County for a visit with Snoopy and the Gang at Knott's Berry Farm.

I think it was the first time all five of us were able to get on a ride all at once, and damn, the weather was perfect for a splash in "The Log Ride."

I had Joel right in front of me, with my arms wrapped around his teeny lil' body, hand rested on his chest. JC was in front of him, and scooted back to make Joel feel more secure. Jacob was at the VERY front, sitting with Hubz.

He LOVED playing the tourist, waving at the characters inside, telling me about everything he saw. But at the very end, after climbing that mini-steep hill and rushing down for a splash...

I could feel his little heartbeat racing.

He wasn't too sure how he felt about that ride after that.

No crying. No screaming. Nothing.

And afterwards, he'd said to me, "I scared. I scared, Mom."

But he must've gotten over it, coz later, when JC and I were riding the "Silver Bullet" (never again, BTW. That shit messes with your equilibrium, for sure!) - Hubz took Joel and Jacob BACK to The Log Ride.

*wicked smile*

I'm saving that priceless photo for tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday at the Dance of Motherhood. ;)

UPDATE: Photo's up! You tell me - is it sheer terror...? Or delight?


Dette
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

On the Rocks © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness